Sunday 15 March 2009

Dog Spring Allergy

Few days ago, we were still under piles of snow. They're rapidly melting and Hurray!! I don't have to wear my dog winter jacket anymore. Recently, we had a series of interviews with dog walking candidates. I found my new "Mr Walker" who will now take me out for an hour of dog afternoon walk from Monday to Friday while my people are busy running their afternoon errands.

Mr.Walker himself own a sheep dog but that dog is not lively or playful at all. He is not interested to play run and chase. Luckily Mr. Walker likes to play fetch with me.

As the season change, the Hazelnut trees are now wearing their bling bling catkins. Last week, when the temperature was still at freezing point, those catkins was looking quite harmless.

Today, the early spring landscape is "blinging" in a most feminine way. (Does this word blinging exist? Well, it does now according to the dog dictionary)
Those bling bling catkins look beautiful against a clear blue sky, unfortunately I am a typical terrier dog with allergic reactions to many different kinds of pollens. Soon, when the warm temperature release the pollen from those catkins, it will be a nightmare living under my dog skin.
Like the cats in our backyard, these hazel catkins can be found everywhere during this time of year.
The dog in me wonders if the swan also suffer from pollen allergy?
I just don't understand it?! Why is this duck so sleepy and lazy looking, just floating in the water doing nothing interesting?
Could this ducks be allergic to the bling bling season too?
Never mind the ducks. I saw a marmaduke!!
Woo Hoo!! Woof! Whoof!

No comments: