Thursday 12 February 2009

I'm not a toy dog. I'm just a midget!

My name is Marco Polo. I am 8 yrs old single male and I enjoy meeting other dogs, doesn't matter big dog or small dog, as long as they are dogs.I own the house, the garden and the people in the house. My people think they own me but actually I own them!!

I am what you call a living alarm as well as a watch dog. I make sure I watch all the dogs that walk past our house all the time. I'm not a barker trigger happy kind of dog. I only bark when someone ring the door bell, well that's because they are about to enter our house!!

The outdoor is also mine. I have left my mark all over Europe. This whole continent is mine!

Its a long story how I acquire my name. Apparently when I was 3 months old, I always marked the legs of people who stood still. Well, I want to make them mine (actually, I thought they were poles or the fire hydrant) Polo was because I am nuts about balls and very good at stealing them too. Once I even entered the football pitch trying to steal the ball. I almost end up in the goal with the ball. I was so thrilled when the footballers said that I am a good goalie. I am so nuts about playing fetch that I even jump int othe sea to fetch it. I am a good swimmer and I have swam not only in our pond, but rivers and the sea too.

I always hear people said I am a toy dog, but I don't feel like a toy at all.
There's nothing toyish about me. I can carry sticks bigger than me. I eat a lot. I am always hungry but I could never put on weight or grow taller. It must be my midget genes.

Actually I am quite happy being a petite midget. I don't take much space in the car and I don't have to fly in a box with "life animal" sticking on it. The only thing I hate about flying is during take off. They make me go in that silly ç?*#! bag and that ç?*#! bag with me inside goes under the seat! Yes, under the seat!!
You people cannot imagine what's its like down there huddled under the seat. Legs. Lots of people's legs...and shoes! so many shoes like walking in a shoe store. all kinds of leather shoes, suede shoes, canvas shoes, tennis shoes....and the smell...ahhhh....Very tempting. That is why I never complained when me and my silly ç?*#! bag get shoved under the seat during take off or landing.

No comments: